It’s a Cat’s World
Just like all pets, cats require regular visits to a veterinarian. Preventive exams are essential to detecting problems early on and provide the perfect opportunity to discuss important topics such as nutrition and dental care. However, getting your cat out of the house and into our hospital can be stressful for both you and your pet. That’s why Cats & Critters chose to become a certified Gold Standard Status Cat Friendly Practice (CFP).
Established by the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP), the CFP program is designed to reduce the anxiety associated with trips to the vet. This aims not only to elevate the quality of care provided, but also to increase the frequency of wellness visits among cat owners. By making small changes that cater to the unique needs of our feline patients, Cats & Critters hopes to create a longer, healthier, and happier life for your pet.
Why Choose a Gold Standard Status Cat Friendly Practice?
As a Gold Standard Status Cat Friendly Practice, we have taken specific steps to create a safer, more welcoming environment for every cat that comes through our doors. Our practice has been subjected to rigorous evaluation by the AAFP to ensure we are achieving feline-friendly standards. A CFP certification means we have documented our commitment to meeting and understanding the unique needs of our feline patients. We have also made physical adjustments to our hospital, and our team has received extensive training on how to handle cats in a gentle, empathetic manner.
What Can You Expect?
As a Gold Standard Status Cat Friendly Practice, you can expect the following:
- Facility adaptations:
- A waiting room that reduces stress by blocking visual contact with other cats and pets
- Specially designed cubbies in which to place your cat’s carrier
- Feline pheromones are used to soothe and calm cats during their visit
- Cages with non-reflective/laminate surfaces so cats are not disturbed or stressed by their reflections
- Our team is trained to recognize subtle facial and behavioral cues to keep your visit a positive one
- The use of feline-friendly handling techniques
- A feline-centric exam room to facilitate a safe, non-threatening experience
- Our team can identify the early signs of fear or anxiety and adapt appropriately
When you bring your cat to our hospital, you can be confident that your pet will receive the exceptional care and attention that only our highly trained, experienced team can provide. Please contact us or visit the American Association of Feline Practitioners’ website for more information about our status as a Gold Standard Status Cat Friendly Practice.