- There is a specific area for cat owners with references to recognizing signs and symptoms for sick cats. Information regarding senior cat care as it is especially important to watch for subtle changes in older cats that may be an indication of new problems. There is information to help explain why your cat needs routine veterinarian checkups.
- There is a list of common diseases and conditions you will encounter with your cat as additional references to your discussions with your cat's veterinarian.
- There are several links to behavior and care tips.
- We find many cats and owners are concerned about the trip to the veterinarian and the stress involved preparing for and the trip getting there. Please check out this reference/video.
- AAFP has available on their website many of the brochures we use here at the office specific to feline housesoiling and litterbox recommendations, environmental needs specific to food/water/resting areas/play activities, nursing care for your cat, getting your cat to the veterinarian, and friends for life: caring for your older cat.
Companion Animal Parasite Council
This website will provide information to support the recommendations made by your veterinarian regarding parasite control and the secondary diseases that are associated with parasite infections. Parasite control is important both for your cat and your family.
Small Mammal Healthcare
- Oxbow for dietary information and card guides
- Guinea Lynx for medical and card guide
- House Rabbit Society
- American Ferret Association
Working to increase awareness of cats needs and increase frequency of receiving veterinary care they need
- Feline facts about vaccinations, myths and facts about why some cats are not receiving the regular veterinary care they need.
- There are additional references for common feline illnesses.
- Signs of sickness that all owners should be aware of and watch for – the earlier we detect and treat feline problems then hopefully less distress for the cat and prompt resolution.
This is a synthetic pheromone that has many applications to help with feline stress, feline aggression, and feline inappropriate urination/defection. There are specific links to cat behaviors and the effects of stress on cats.
Information on Cat Shows, Cat Breeds, Cat Care and a showcase of top winning cats.
General Pet Sites
The ASPCA exists to promote humane principles, prevent cruelty and alleviate fear, pain and suffering in animals.
Visit the ASPCA's Animal Poison Control Center website for any animal poison-related emergency.
If animals were able to talk, you would find their voices at The Humane Society of the United States. The Humane Society promotes the protection of all animals. Here you will find many wonderful animal-related stories and lots of valuable information on pet care, pet adoption and animal welfare issues.
Learn more about the human-animal health connection at the Delta Society.
Are you looking to adopt a pet? Are you looking for a lost pet?
You can do both at PetFinder.com.
Recommendations for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of parasite infections.
Pet insurance coverage and fees vary greatly from company to company, and it can be a difficult situation to navigate. Pet Insurance University provides comparative research and pet insurance explanations to help best owners choose the right policy for them and their pet.
Pet Loss Information
The University of Florida offers a Grief Support Hotline plus some articles on coping with pet loss.
Tufts University offers a Grief Support Hotline and articles regarding the loss of a pet.